Continuum Education has joined with more than 90 education and education technology companies in signing the Student Privacy Pledge. Coordinated and introduced by the Future of Privacy Forum (FPF) and The Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA) to safeguard student privacy regarding the collection, maintenance, and use of student personal information providers such as Continuum Education have agreed to voluntarily commit to their accountability guidelines.
The commitments are intended to detail ongoing industry practices that meet and go beyond all federal requirements and to encourage service providers to more clearly articulate these practices. By signing the Student Privacy Pledge Continuum Education commits to:
- Not sell student information
- Not behaviorally target advertising
- Not change privacy policies without notice and choice
- Use data for authorized education purposes only
- Enforce strict limits on data retention
- Support parental access to, and correction of errors in, their children’s information
- Provide comprehensive security standards
- Be transparent about collection and use of data.